Experience the process combining earth, water, fire and air to make your own clay ocarina or flute. Learn ancient ocarina making techniques and the historical development and cultural significance of whistles and flutes.
Follow the path of ceramic instrument evolution in the Americas; with modern and ancient examples (dating back 2,000 years) presented and played during the workshop. Then you will hand build your own clay instrument.
Instrument options include; ocarina, flute, death whistle, and rattles.
We will have enough time to create at least 2 instruments, many attendees may be able to make 4 or more during the workshop.
This 4 hour workshop includes:
- Educational presentation about ceramic instruments
- Process of creating and decorating your own clay instrument
- Firing of ceramic instruments post workshop and shipping to your address (shipping cost not included)
- 10am -4pm (one hour lunch break included)
- Bring your own lunch or eat the local deli (Open Door at Alley’s).
- Ages 10 and up.
End the workshop with-
Ceramic instrument (or two) that you made yourself
Detailed education on ceramic instruments and how to make them
Wonderful experience to remember for a lifetime
- Empowering educational experience in which you create functional art